5.03.2016

Beautiful Girl || Clique Kits

Good morning, everyone!  I was on the Clique Kits Blog yesterday sharing another project I made with the Northern Light kit - this time it was a layout.  I also shared a few of my favorite scrap tips - definitely nothing revolutionary, but just little things that I like to do when creating.


1.  Bold patterns scare me.  I adore them, but I never know how to use them without my page getting too busy.  I'm really a white background, white space kinda girl.  However, when I find a pattern that I adore and just *HAVE* to use, I usually cut it into a strip and use it as the anchor for my design.  In this case, I used half of the paper I loved...this helps me feel like the paper isn't overwhelming my project.
sneak1
2.  Keep the rest of your design simple when using a bold pattern.  Without the bold background, my page would be pretty blah.  But paired with a simple design, the bold pattern becomes a great accent - and I actually really like how the page turned out.
sneak2
3.  Use embellishments in threes to make invisible triangles all over your page. 3 tags, 3 sets of enamel dots, 3 groups of mists, 3 strips of washi...you get the idea :)
Like I said, nothing earth-shattering here, but hopefully something you may find at least a little bit helpful!  Thanks for stopping in!
Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, Basic Grey; Tags, Flair, Washi Tape, Alphas: Fancy Pants Designs; Die Cuts: Clique Kits; Mist: Heidi Swapp

No comments: