7.17.2011

July Sassafras Challenge

Hi, everyone! I hope your weekend went well. I got some "scrappy time" in and decided to play along with this month's Sassafras challenge. The challenge is to mix lines. Here is what I came up with: In this layout I used "Vintage Yummy" for the background, then "Sweetly Smitten," "Count Me In," and "Sassafras for Studio Calico" for the backing on the picture. I also used Sassafras brads all over the layout. I had a fun time making this layout and am pretty satisfied with the results. I was also inspired by this awesome layout by Felicitas Klink. Fun, fun, FUN!

I also dug through my scraps for this one. I have soooo many scraps laying around and Amy Heller has inspired me to use them up. She has a summer challenge going on right now, encouraging scrappers to use those items that have been laying around forever (like those Sassafras brads...I think they are at least a year and half old).

Layout: Patterned Paper: Sassafras; Alphabet Stickers: Sassafras, Basic Grey; Brads: Sassafras, Doodlebug Designs; punch: EK Success; Sewing tool: We R Memory Keepers

3 comments:

Amy Heller said...

This is awesome, Kat! Thanks for playing along! It's so great to use up this Ed raps, isn't it?? :D

Luckie said...

So cure!!!!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What an eye-catching page! Love all your fun and whimsical embellishments :-)