9.07.2010

Shirts and haircuts

Hey, everyone!

What have you been up to lately? I have been making a shirt! That's right...making my own shirt. Well, I didn't make the actual shirt part - I bought that at Target, but I did embellish it. I have been taking Elizabeth Kartchner's online class called "Piece by Piece." We took a shirt, cloth flowers and butterflies and begin putting everything together piece by piece. It has been a great class. I have never embellished an article of clothing before so it was fun to learn something totally new. Here is a close-up of the shirt:
The other thing I have been up to is getting my hair cut. I'm sure you do not care at all, but I got 7 inches cut off my hair! I feel so much lighter. Haha. Although, I am having a really hard time remembering how to style my hair when it was shorter. It was easy when it was long...I just curled the ends or threw it up in a messy bun. Oh well...I'll figure it all out again soon. :-)

As always, thanks for stopping by... And if you get bored, stop by Elizabeth's blog for some fun inspiration and ideas. I, personally, am a fan of the balloon in a box.

4 comments:

Deana said...

Darling top, Kat! You did a great job! :-)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

That top is ADORABLE. I love it so much!! You did a great job with it!

I recently chopped about 7 inches of hair myself. It's like an instant diet, huh? :)

Cook Scrap Craft said...

oh my gosh you look adorable with your new hair and that shirt! I love the white, brown, and blue together!

sarah said...

def a cute top! :)