9.08.2010

Happy B-Day, America!

Wait...what? It's not America's birthday....no, it's not, but that is what my layout is about. The newest challenge is up at The Studio Challenges and the challenge is to scrap about a birthday...so I decided to scrap about the cake that Eric and I tried to decorate on the 4th of July. Here it is:

And there are those awesome stars again from the Perfectly Precocious Etsy shop. They were perfect for this layout. You should seriously go check out Tessa's shop for some other fun products. I know I sound like I'm putting in a pitch for her shop, but I literally have no tie to it, so I'm a reliable source...I promise! :o)

I also journaled on this layout way more than I usually do...I guess I felt the need to explain the terribly decorated (but yummy!) cake. The journaling reads, "For A.J.'s 4th of July party, Eric & I were assigned to bring the dessert. We got the big idea of buying an ice cream cake and decorating it ourselves. As you can tell from the picture, our cake decorating skills leave a lot to be desired. Our "lovely" cake just proves that the people who decorate cakes for a living are way more talented than Eric or I will ever be. The dessert was delicious, though...and it served its purpose - to say "Happy b-day, America!" I'm glad that I scrapped this picture, because this is such a fun memory for me. And to be fair, only one of us was actually bad at decorating the cake - me! Eric was great at writing with the icing, while I struggled quite a bit. Boys and their weird hidden talents...has anyone else noticed that?? Oh well...

Have a nice day...thanks for stopping in!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sorry but that cake looks awful :) Very colourful though ;) Great LO and I agree. Those stars look amazing x

Tessa Buys said...

Kat! I LOVE this! You did an amazing job on the layout and I just adore how you used the stars :). Thank you for the kind words!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Cute page! I love the messy paint and the fun stars :)

lisa said...

What a cool page, so fun : )
Thanks for playing along x

Valerie said...

what a fun take on the challenge - love your stars and masking :)

Nic said...

What a fabulous take on the challenge Kat - love the stars and bright colours. Thanks for playing along :-)

Jennifer Grace said...

Hi, just looking at The Studio Challenge entries. Love your layout, the stars are perfect!

And lol - yes my hubby has a creative streak that's hidden most of the time, the other night he spent hours trying to design wine labels for some wine he's homebrewing. I thought it was funny, until I realised he probably thinks I'm funny whenever I spend hours on a layout! xx